BEST Podgorica proudly announces the start of the long-awaited BEST course. The course will take place from July 9th to July 16th in Podgorica and Kotor, offering a unique blend of educational and fun activities for 22 students from various European cities.
This year’s BEST course aims to address one of today’s most pressing global issues, pollution, under the theme “Stopping pollution is the BEST solution.” Over the course of five days in Podgorica, participants will engage in a comprehensive program designed to enhance their understanding of pollution-related challenges and equip them with the necessary tools to effectively tackle this issue.
The educational part of the program includes prominent speakers and experts who will share their insights and expertise on pollution prevention. It covers a wide range of topics, including air, water, and soil pollution, the impact of pollution on ecosystems, and sustainable solutions to reduce environmental damage. Participants will also take part in interactive workshops, case studies, and group discussions to encourage collaboration and collective learning.
Some of the lecturers for this course will include:
– Belma Šestović, who will speak about the Organization of PENPMNE, research structure and types, bats, bats and technologies, ecology, and infrastructure impacts.
– Jovan Mirković, who will discuss the history of science, remaining discoveries, science, innovations, development, climate change, and other global challenges.
– Dragutin Djekovic, who will introduce students to the protected areas within the territory of the City of Podgorica, their biodiversity, and a management model developed by the Agency.
– Radivoje Drobnjak, who will present support programs for entrepreneurs, start-up companies, and innovative companies, including SPECTRO, the first AI startup based in Montenegro.
– Velibor Bošković, who will also present the support program BoostMeUp, fostering the green transition through Smart Specialisation Strategies.
After the educational part of the program in Podgorica, the course moves to the picturesque town of Kotor, where participants will enjoy two days of fun activities. Participants will have the opportunity to explore the beautiful natural landscapes and historical sites that Montenegro has to offer. This part of the course aims to provide a comprehensive experience, allowing participants to relax and strengthen their relationships with fellow students.